Saturday, January 3, 2009

Alkmaar... nice day...

Today I went to see my previous Dutch Family.. I left the house at 820 am.. on my Saturday morning and rode the 1 and half hour train ride to Alkmaar.. Once I got off the train I sighted the kids.. It was really really nice to see them!!!! I gave them all hugs and kisses and they gave them back.. And Tanja got out of the car and gave me a great big hug and kiss too! It was, like I said really nice.. We went to a skating rink.. and I have to say.. I am not a skater.. The idea of sliding uncontrollably around an icy surface.. With every move being a chance to break something.. It's just not my thing.. But... It was a very nice idea.. So I did it! I only fell once! Granted.. I did spend the whole time holding the railing.. I thought I did pretty dang great! Melvin.. The ice superstar! He was gliding around like no problem, and twirling and showing us all up! After 45 mins of skating we took a break with hot cocoa.. chocomel.. and a cookie... I took my skates off.. They didn't go back on! Melvin, Marcha and Menno went back out on the ice and Michella and I got to spend the next 45 mins talking. She is such a sweet heart so it was nice to talk to her and see how her life was going...
A little after noon we headed back to the house.. Peiter was there he made us some Poffertjes for lunch and some "American" style pancakes, they were oh so tasty! After that Tanja had to leave and the kids and I played their new Wii for a couple hours.. It was fun cause we just kinda got to hang out and laugh and have fun! Marcha.. Was odd.. She spent the whole time.. like the WHOLE TIME on my lap! giving me kisses and such.. Which is odd.. because she was usually so against me.. But she knows now she liked me! And Menno had so much fun playing dead with me! I felt like I was neglecting the older ones a bit.. But the younger ones were demanding my attention! haha! So after the Wii games we played Candy Land.. The one I gave them.. Marcha wanted to play it with me.. after a couple rounds of that the younger ones headed upstairs and I got some quiet time with the older kids and Peiter.. we did.. What else.. Play Phase Ten.. I brought it.. They always loved playing it so I brought it so they could have it.. I know its beat up and such.. But they were happy.. Peiter told me later that they already had one.. They found it out here.. But Michella is very sentimental.. So she was happy to have it! Well at the end of the night Peiter made me a yummy dinner.. Since I really needed to leave before they would have dinner..just cause I didn't want to get home so late!
The goodbye's were really nice.. Marcha of course was full of more hugs and kisses and didn't want me to go! Menno said he didn't want any kisses or hugs.. And Peiter told him I was going back to America so he wouldnt see me.. but he still didnt want one.. So I said it was ok.. I didn't want one.. hehe... Hugged and kissed my pal Melvin.. Then to Michella.. She had tears all in her eyes when she said goodbye.. I promised her I would see her again... And gave her another big hug and kiss! But don't worry.. Menno ran up to me on the way out.. I grabbed him and gave him a great big hug! Peiter drove me to the train station.. But as we were pulling outta the house Tanja pulled up. She jumped outta the car and ran over so I jumped out.. Gave her a great big hug and kiss and we said our goodbyes.. And when we got to the train station I got another great big hug and kiss from Peiter.. It was nice... I was so worried how it would go.. I knew they were too.. Because as the day went on it was easier yah know.. And i felt liek they really did care about me.. And it was the proper goodbye we should have had.. Not the one we had back in the end of March... So all in all.. Happy fun day!

5 comments:

rachael said...

becky- thats a wonderful blog!! im so happy to hear that story!

i am so relived that things went well, and as you said..

thats how it should have been!!!

love ya!

Tessalulale said...

Glad you got a proper goodbye as well! Im a bit jealous. It sounds like a fun day!

Laura said...

Happy happy!

Tessalulale said...

What you skipped a day?! Wow!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad. You should leave your Phase 10 there. Luv, Mum